Virtual Counsellor Hub
This position is for person-centred, short term-solution focussed counselling to employees from and around Australia. We need a generalist who is able to deal with all presentations in an appropriate and ethical way and to formulate focussed psychological strategies alongside the clients. This particular role is phone/video based and allows for the professional to be home based with flexibility around hours.
Additionally you will:
- Provide counselling and support to people making contact through diverse access modes
- Adhere to best practice clinical protocols in working with clients
- Promote safety, trust, choice, collaboration and empowerment
- Work cooperatively with a creative and agile team
- Attend to self-care by attending professional development and regular supervision
You have a background in providing counselling and/or in mental health to a range of different age and demographics. You are flexible, can work in a fast paced, pressured environment with fluctuating demands, and meet the unique demands arising from the client’s needs.
Additionally you have:
- Current membership or eligibility to a relevant professional body
- Qualifications in counselling, social work or psychology
- A person-centred approach to working with people
- Ability to work independently and in a team with a high degree of professionalism
- Experience working with the different groups all across the lifespan
- An understanding in referring to a range of counselling and support services
- Skill in risk assessment and management
- An ability to quickly develop working relationships and to engage effectively
- Availability and willingness to work for a half day during the week between the hours of 8am-8pm.
- Have an Australian Company Number (ACN)
If you have the qualifications, expertise and experience to provide support to people and a passion for counselling please apply! There is no application close date and we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.