Financial stress is sadly becoming very widespread. In a recent poll, over half the people questioned said they were “stressed” about their finances. Yet asking for help can be difficult and knowing who you can trust can be even harder.
Financial challenges can occur at many times in our life - getting married or separating, taking time away from work because of illness or raising a family, buying or selling a home, unusual or unexpected expenses, transition to retirement, redundancy or reduced work hours.
Understanding financial concepts can be very confusing. Our financial coaches provide confidential guidance and support to expertly and respectfully guide you back to financial control.
How will financial coaching help you?
Financial coaching will help you understand and manage your money, by:
- teaching you financial skills that will last your lifetime
- creating a personalised action plan to manage your debt
- informing you on how to approach & negotiate with your creditors
- giving you practical information on your options and rights
- providing tools to help manage financial conflicts within relationships
What will happen when you speak to a financial coach?
During your first appointment, the coach will gain an understanding of your current financial position and what is important to you. The focus of this appointment is to identify the areas that require attention and start to create a resolution for you. Financial matters are very individual, so your appointment is tailored to suit your personal requirements.
The coach can work with you on a varied range of topics. Some of those may include:
Budgeting and Debt Management
- General money management
- Creating a money plan that works for you
- Adjusting to a change in pay cycles
- Job loss or reduction in income
- Bankruptcy / Debt agreement – the consequences and possible alternatives
- Debt reduction ideas
- Negotiating with creditors
- Disputes with financial institutions
- Relationship separation / divorce
Financial Education and Information
- Planning to purchase a home
- Understanding superannuation
- Transition to retirement / redundancy
- How to find the right finance professional for your needs
- Understanding investment options (shares / managed funds etc)
- Understanding credit contracts and your obligations
Money and You
- Reaching financial goals or milestones
- Stopping over shopping
- How your money values affect your financial future
- Financial conflict in relationships
Please note: This service does not make financial product recommendations, promote any individual financial organisation or approach, or provide personal financial advice on investments or taxation issues.
How do I know if I need a financial coach?
If you have been thinking about taking steps to improve your financial knowledge or if you are feeling stressed or overwhelmed by your financial situation please feel free to call us to discuss how we may be able to assist you.
Disclaimer: This service does not make financial product recommendations, promote any individual financial organisation or approach, or provide personal financial advice on investments or taxation issues. We do not take the place of your solicitor, accountant, financial adviser or any other third party professionals and advise will advise you to speak with them directly if specific advice is being sought.